Veal Kidneys With Old Fashioned Mustard
|Peanut oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Veal kidneys||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Wine vinegar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons)|
|Beef stock||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Prepared mustard||4 Teaspoon (Old Fashioned)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– In a cast iron skillet, sear veal kidneys on 3 sides in smoking peanut oil.
– Turn and place skillet in oven for 5 minutes.
– In a separate skillet, melt butter and cook garlic and onion.
– Deglaze skillet with wine vinegar and reduce liquid by half.
– Add beef stock, reduce by 1/3 and remove from heat.
– Add mustard and stir gently.
– Remove skillet from oven, pour sauce over kidneys, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.