Iron Skillet Mussels
|Mussel||2 Pound, debreaded and scrubbed clean (Small Ones)|
|Clarified butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over high heat until very hot, about 4 minutes.
2) Place mussels directly on skillet, adding no other ingredients.
3) In about 2 minutes they'll open.
4) When opened, remove mussels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5) Serve the seasoned mussels as appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1626 Calories from Fat 1029
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.4%
Saturated Fat 63.7 g318.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 515.4 mg171.8%
Sodium 2594.6 mg108.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 108 g215.9%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 121%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 199.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet