Sausage Stuffed Shrooms
|Gimmedane sausage||1 Large|
|Sundried tomatoes||7 Medium, chopped finely|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Elephant garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White button mushrooms||12 Medium|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||4 Large|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. Dice the onion.
2. Chop the garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme and sundried tomatoes finely.
3. Clean the mushrooms. Hold the cap and pull out the stems from the mushrooms.
4. Using a spoon scrape out the gills from baby portabella mushrooms. Keep aside.
5. In a pan, heat oil and add onion, garlic, herbs and sundried tomatoes. Cook till done.
6. Transfer them into a bowl and freeze them for 2 minutes.
7. Chop the parmesan cheese.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
9. Line a baking tray with foil.
10. Take the onion, tomatoes mixture from the freezer. Put the sausage into it and crumble it with hands.
11. Add egg and continue mixing.
12. Put the bread crumbs and mix well with hands to combine all ingredients well.
13. Invert the mushrooms and place few pieces of cheese inside each mushroom.
14. Wet the palm of 1 hand and place a spoonful of the sausage stuffing in it. Make a smaal ball.
15. Using the free hand take a button mushroom and put the stuffing inside.
16. Repeat this process to all the mushrooms.
17. Place them on the baking tray.
18. Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 13 minutes. Flip it once in a while to cook evenly.
19. After 13 minutes check if the mushrooms are cooked and if not, cook for further 12 minutes.
20. In a serving plate, place the stuffed mushrooms and serve it with cole slaw or salad or Brussels sprouts or asparagus.