3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Recommend: French's Fried Onions)
4 , chopped and cooked till crispy
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1) Bring a large pot of water up to a boil, salt the water and add in the green beans. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
2) Place a skillet on medium-high heat and add in the butter and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute. Add flour to the mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes then whisk in the stock. Turn the heat to a medium and stir in half-n-half. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper, stir to combine.
3) Toss the green beans into the mushroom cream sauce and stir in the fried onions. Place into a casserole dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
2) Top with some crispy bacon...serve and enjoy!!
This is a great all-in-one dish. The perfect combination of beans and mushrooms, the bacon gives it that special extra flavor that you’re looking for! Well flavored, this is a great recipe to work with.