If you need to add a healthy appetizer to your list of holiday recipes, then try this Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Rocky Barragan. Stuffed with cream cheese, Bacon Bits and garlic, this easy appetizer is stuffed with flavor!
1/3-less-fat cream cheese
50% less fat bacon bits
1 Tablespoon, minced
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Wipe the mushrooms down with a clean and dry kitchen towel.
3. Remove the mushroom stems carefully and set aside.
4. Finely mince the mushroom stem.
5. Spray down a pan with extra virgin olive oil spray and heat.
6. To the heated pan, add minced mushrooms stems and minced garlic. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
7. Once the mushroom stems have cooked through, remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
8. Season with pepper and onion powder. Add cream cheese and mix. Now add in bacon, mix again.
9. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray and arrange the mushroom caps on the sheet.
9. Give a light spraying of olive oil spray to your mushroom caps as well.
10. Stuff each mushroom cap with about 1/2 tablespoon of the prepared stuffing.
11. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
12. Serve hot with your choice of drink or beverage.
This recipe video shows Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps that is a classic recipe. These tasty little tidbits will make an excellent addition to your next cocktail party or get together! Simple, easy and delicious!
Calories 47 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.87%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg3.6%
Sodium 117.9 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.92%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 0.01%
Vitamin C 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
How To Make Stuffed Mushrooms Healthier - Party Food Recipe Video