|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Toasted buttered bread slices||4|
|Minced parsley/Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 handful)|
1) Rinse and dry the mushrooms. Slice the mushrooms thinly.
2) In a heavy metal pan, melt the butter. Once the butter browns slightly in colour add in the sliced mushrooms.
3) Saute the mushrooms over a high flame, while stirring constantly, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Take the pan off the flame.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper and give the mushrooms a good mix.
6) Spread the sauted mushrooms over the buttered and toasted bread slices.
7) Sprinkle parsley or chives on top. If desired, sprinkle dried or fresh tarragon or basil over the mushrooms. Serve hot.