Creamy Peas With Mushrooms
|Fresh english peas||6 Cup (96 tbs), shelled|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 jar)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 carton)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot, add the peas and water to cover.
2) Allow to boil.
3) Place a lid over, lower heat, and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till the peas are tender.
4) Drain and keep aside.
5) In a skillet, heat butter and add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
6) Add in the mushrooms and cook for a minute, stirring occasionally.
7) Add in the peas.
8) Fold in sour cream and almonds.
9) Without boiling, cook till thoroughly heated.
10) Garnish with 2 whole almonds and serve.