|Small button mushrooms||3 Pound|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash the mushrooms first under warm water, then cold water.
2) Add the mushrooms into a saucepan along with up1/2 cider and half cup of water.
3) Sprinkle in salt. Allow the mixture to boil for 15 minutes.
4) Drain the mushrooms. Transfer the cooking liquid into another saucepan.
5) Allow the mushrooms to cool down slightly.
6) In a large bowl, add in 1 cup of cider vinegar, 1 cup of salad oil and the pickling spices.
7) Add in the cooking liquid into sterilized storage jars to fill 1/4 their capacity.
8) Next, spoon in the mushrooms. Push them down into jars.
9) If you are using gingerroot, add a slice on top of each of the jatds.
10) Now, add in the oil and vinegar mixture, enough to fill each of the jars. Place the jars on a plate to catch any drippings.
11) Cover the jars tightly and refrigerate the mushrooms till further use.
12) Serve the Pickled Mushrooms as a side to gravies and curries.