|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Rinse and pat dry the mushrooms. Pull the stems out from the mushrooms. Mince the stems but keeping the caps whole.
2) In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in the minced garlic and saute till they change colour slightly.
3) Add in the mushroom caps and stir over a high flame till they brown well on both sides.
4) Next, add in the minced mushroom stems. Saute till they brown as well. Take the pan off the flame.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper over the mushrooms. Remove the mushrooms onto a plate.
6) Into the same saucepan, add in the remaining butter. Stir in flour and cream.
7) Cook the mixture over a low flame while stirring to get a creamy mixture.
8) Next, mix in the sour cream and dried tarragon. Heat the mixture but do not let it boil.
9) Add the browned mushroom back into the mixture along with sherry.
10) Let the mixture cook on simmer for a few minutes without boiling.
11) Garnish the Creamed Mushrooms with chopped parsley leaves. Serve hot with toasted bread on the side, if desired.