Mushrooms and Okra
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, cleaned and stemmed|
|Fresh okra||1 Pound, tipped and sliced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add mushrooms to it. Cook for about 5 minutes, till soft.
2) Boil a pot of water and drop the okra it in. Boil for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain well. To this point, the ingredients can be prepared much ahead.
4) Mix together the okra and mushrooms and heat thoroughly.
5) Season to taste with salt, pepper and herbs.
6) Serve the preparation while it is still hot and fresh. Makes a good side dish. Can also be served as an appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 460.5 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.7%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 76.8% Vitamin C 182.1%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet