Mushroom Cheese Stromboli
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Frozen bread dough loaf||1 Pound, thawed|
|Pepperoni||3 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Provolone cheese||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spaghetti sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a skillet, heat butter and add mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until soft. Keep aside.
3. Lightly flour a board.
4. Roll dough into a 30-in. x 8-in. rectangle and cut into two 15-in. x 8-in. pieces.
5. Layer the long side of the piece with pepperoni, cheeses, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, parsley and oregano.
6. Fold the dough over it and pinch to seal.
7.In a bowl mix egg and water.
8. Brush the mixture over edges and ends of dough.
9. With a knife make five small steam vents in the top of each roll.
10. Arrange on greased baking sheets.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan over it.
12. Bake for 27-30 minutes until done.
13. Slice one piece out of it and serve warm.
14. Keep remaining stromboli on a wire rack to cool.
15. Wrap in a foil and store in refrigerator for a month.
16. Before serving frozen Stromboli thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
17. Unwrap and keep on greased baking sheet.
18. Bake for 10-15 minutes until done.
19. Serve warm.