|Button mushrooms/Shitake /chanterelle mushrooms||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) Slice the mushrooms if large or cut into quarter if small.
2) In a skillet, heat the butter, add the mushrooms, and saute gently until tender.
3) If liked, stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper, and boil briefly.
4) It may be made a day ahead, refrigerated, and reheated in a frying pan, but may turn browner.
5) They freeze satisfactorily, but become watery and browner.
6) Serve the heated mushrooms as side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.5%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g193.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 33 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 46.2% Vitamin C 91.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet