|Button mushrooms/Shitake /chanterelle mushrooms||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) Slice the mushrooms if large or cut into quarter if small.
2) In a skillet, heat the butter, add the mushrooms, and saute gently until tender.
3) If liked, stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper, and boil briefly.
4) It may be made a day ahead, refrigerated, and reheated in a frying pan, but may turn browner.
5) They freeze satisfactorily, but become watery and browner.
6) Serve the heated mushrooms as side dish.