Mushroom and Cheese Croustade
|For making crust|
|Whole meal breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Whole meal flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Wheat germ||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Oatmeal||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|For the filling|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, wiped and diced (225 Gram)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Milk||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Set the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C) and heat it.
2. In a bowl combine, wheat germ, breadcrumbs, flour, salt, oatmeal, and herbs.
3. Take a saucepan, melt the butter and spoon it over dry ingredients and combine them well.
4. Take a greased 8 inch baking tin and press the crumb dough into it and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Allow the crumb case to cool.
6. Prepare the filling - In a saucepan, heat some oil and fry the onion for about 3 minutes, then stir in mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes until they turn just soft.
7. Remove from pan.
8. Spoon grated cheese over the crumb case and top it with mushroom mixture.
9. In a bowl, beat milk and eggs and season them well. Spoon the mixture over the top.
10. Bake for about 35 minutes until the filing sets.
11. Serve the mushroom and cheese croustade with salad or hot vegetables.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2548 Calories from Fat 1453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g259.4%
Saturated Fat 91 g455.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 803.1 mg267.7%
Sodium 2444.3 mg101.8%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.3%
Dietary Fiber 26 g103.9%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 86 g171.4%
Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 177.4% Iron 227.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet