Much More Than Mushrooms
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (4 Tablespoon)|
|Green onion with tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White bread slice||6|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese/Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated / shredded|
1) Take a 2 1/2-quart casserole and grease it properly.
2) Take the bread and remove the crusts. Cut the bread into 1-inch squares and keep aside.
3) Take a pan and heat it over medium heat.
4) Add butter and saute mushrooms for 5 minutes.
5) Put chopped green onions, celery, green pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
6) Add salt, pepper and parsley and cook for a minute.
7) Remove the pan from heat and add mayonnaise.
8) Take half of the bread squares and place them in a greased casserole.
9) Add the mushrooms mixture over bread and then again put the remaining bread squares.
10) Beat the milk and eggs together and pour over the mixture in casserole.
11) Keep the dish in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
12) Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 325 degrees.
13) Take the dish out and sprinkle cheese over the top.
14) Bake for another 10 minutes.
15) Serve the dish in a serving platter.