Provencal Stuffed Mushrooms
|Cup mushrooms||16 Medium|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (Fresh Ones)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried breadcrumbs||4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease an ovenproof dish.
2) Rise, dry and separate the trim the mushrooms, separating the stalks from their caps. Chop the stalks finely.
3) In a pot of boiling water, blanch the tomatoes. Peel and chop them fine. Chop the onion and shallot finely.
4) In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute the onion and shallot finely for 5 minutes. Next, add in the mushrooms and tomatoes. While stirring frequently, saute for 5 more minutes.
5) Add in the garlic clove along with the wholemeal breadcrumbs and parsley. Sprinkle the black pepper. Give the mixture a good stir.
6) Take the pan off the flame.
7) Stuff little portions of the breadcrumb mixture into the mushroom caps.
8) Place the mushrooms in the baking dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
9) Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the mushrooms. Sprinkle dried breadcrumbs on top.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes till the mushrooms are cooked.
11) Serve the Provencal Stuffed Mushrooms hot.