Coq Au Vin with Shiitake Mushrooms
|Bacon slices||4 , thickly sliced|
|Chicken||4 Pound (8 pieces)|
|Cognac/Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl dice bacons.
2. Wash the chicken and dry them.
3. In a large skille add butter and saute the bacons till they are brown.
4. When the bacons are browned remove them from the heat.
5. Brown bacon fat. Season it with salt.
6. In the pan, place the bacon, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. In a small pan, heat the cognac.
8. Ignite it and pour it on the chicken.
9. Mix wine, garlic powder, thyme and stock
10. Mix bay leaves and cover. Simmer the chicken for 45 minutes.
11.Remove the chicken and let it be warm.
12. In another pan, boil liquid and reduce it by half.
13. In another pan add butter. Saute the mushrooms and onions in it. Let the onions turn golden.
14. Place the mushrooms in the skillet again.
15. Simmer again for 5 minutes.
16. Serve Coq Au Vin With Shiitake Mushrooms hot.