Saute of Kidneys and Mushrooms
|Lamb kidneys||8 , skin and cores removed and cut into thick slices|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Medium dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (120 milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a large pan, saute the kidneys in butter quickly for 5 minutes.
2) Remove the kidneys with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3) In the same pan, saute the onion and mushrooms, until softened.
4) Stir in the flour, stir constantly and cook for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in the beef stock, sherry and wine, bring to a boil, then simmer until the sauce is smooth.
6) Return the kidneys into the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Transfer the cooled kidneys and sauce to a freezer friendly container, seal, label and freeze.
8) Serve the Saute of Kidneys and Mushrooms immediately on a serving platter.
9) If using the frozen dish, reheat gently while stirring occasionally. Serve hot or as indicated in step 8.