Broiled Stuffed Mushrooms
|Medium mushrooms||1 Pound (Use Fresh)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cooked chicken livers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry/Brandy||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Clean the mushrooms by brushing or wiping it with damp cloth.
2) Remove the mushroom stems and reserve.
3) Chop the mushroom stems finely.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat 3 tablespoon of margarine, sautÃ© mushroom stems and onions until tender.
5) Stir in chicken liver, salt, pepper and sherry and mix well.
6) Coat the mushroom caps in lemon juice and place the hollow side up in a non-stick baking pan.
7) Stuff the caps with the liver mixture.
8) Drizzle the mushroom caps with ¼ cup of melted butter.
9) Broil the mushroom about 6 inches from the heat or until the caps are lightly browned and heated completely.
10) Serve hot over small mixed salad, garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213 mg71%
Sodium 188.9 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 233.8% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet