Herbed Veal with Mushrooms
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lean veal||2 Pound, cubed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, heat tomato juice, herbs, and mushrooms, over low heat until lessened to half.
3) Keep stirring the mixture frequently.
4) In a bowl, place the meat cubes and season it with salt and pepper.
5) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© the meat until browned evenly.
6) Place the meat in a baking dish and pour the tomato mixture over the top and bake for 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
7) Check while cooking if the gravy is dry, add little more of tomato juice or water.
8) Serve hot garnished with parsley and with rice if desired.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg53.7%
Sodium 675.7 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 42 g83.8%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet