Herbed Veal With Mushrooms
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lean veal||2 Pound, cubed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, heat tomato juice, herbs, and mushrooms, over low heat until lessened to half.
3) Keep stirring the mixture frequently.
4) In a bowl, place the meat cubes and season it with salt and pepper.
5) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© the meat until browned evenly.
6) Place the meat in a baking dish and pour the tomato mixture over the top and bake for 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
7) Check while cooking if the gravy is dry, add little more of tomato juice or water.
8) Serve hot garnished with parsley and with rice if desired.