Cheese N Mushroom Balls
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled (1 package)|
|Shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 jar)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, 2 cups crumbs, and remaining ingredients.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
4. Shape the mixture into walnut size balls, about one heaped teaspoon each.
5. Coat the balls with remaining bread crumbs.
6. In a deep fat frying or a wok, heat the shortening to 350 degree F
7. Drop the balls into hot fat and fry them until they are evenly golden and crispy.
8. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
9. Serve the Cheese and Mushroom Balls hot as a party appetizer, with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg28.2%
Sodium 443.2 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet