Mushroom and Onion Saute
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced spanish onions/Bermuda onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced white mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned and ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar/Balsamic||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) To the hot oil, add onions.
3) Over high heat, cook the onions for a minute, stirring in between.
4) Now turn the heat to medium-high.
5) To the skillet, add the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes.
6) Gradually add the chicken broth and mix gently.
7) Cook this mixture for 2 minutes, or until thick. Stir as required.
8) Now, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
9) Cook for a minute, or until the vinegar has evaporated well.
10) Serve the Mushroom and Onion Saute along with a bowl of noodles or hot cooked rice.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.3 mg1.4%
Sodium 160.5 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet