Grilled Tenderloin With Bourbon Jus And Portobello Mushrooms
|For the bourbon sauce:|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tasso/Andouille sausage / smoked bacon||8 Ounce, diced|
|Minced shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Jack daniels/Jim beam / any good-quality bourbon||5 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomato||1 , diced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|For the steaks and mushrooms:|
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mignon steaks||32 Ounce (4 Fillet, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Portobello mushrooms||8 Medium, stemmed and gills removed|
1) Get the grill ready and put some hickory wood chips into water. Drain the chips and add to the coals when the grill is ready.
2) In a saute pan, heat olive oil and saute the sausage over medium-high for about 3 minutes, stirring in between. Once it has browned evenly add in shallots and garlic, cooking for 1 more minute. Add bourbon to deglaze the pan.
3) Add in the tomatoes and stock, once the alcohol had burned off. Reduce the flame and add in butter mixing thoroughly.
4) Add in worcestershire sauce and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Keep warm on a double boiler until serving time.
5) In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and rub the mixture evenly over the steaks.
6) Grill the steaks over the coals. Grill the mushrooms as well alongside the steak, but not directly over the heat.
7) Cook the steaks to 6 minutes per side for medium rare and 7 minutes for medium.
8) Grill the mushrooms for about 5 minutes until golden brown with nice grill marks on them.
9) Place the steaks on the centre of the serve plate with the mushrooms resting over and around them.
10) Pour the warm bourbon sauce over the steaks and mushrooms and serve the dish hot.
Calories 934 Calories from Fat 557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.6%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.7 mg59.9%
Sodium 716.7 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 63 g125.8%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet