Buckwheat Mushroom Pilaf
|Celery||1 Large, trimmed|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, halved and seeded|
|Chives||1 Ounce (Or 1/2 Bunch)|
|Buckwheat kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||3|
|Boiling water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Dry thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry summer savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, pressed|
1) Use a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to heat oil over medium-high heat and sautÃ© the vegetables, when they are ready.
2) In the food processor, use the metal blade to mince parsley in the work bowl. Pulse on/off until finely minced.
3) Add the minced parsley in frying pan to sautÃ©.
4) Place onions in the work bowl to chop into 1-inch pieces. Pulse on/off until finely chopped.
5) Add onions into the frying pan and stir well.
6) Use the slicing disc to cut celery by fitting into feed tube vertically. Use medium pressure to slice the celery.
7) Add the celery into the frying pan to sautÃ©.
8) Cut the green pepper in halves, then quarter each half part.
9) Vertically stack the quarters into the feed tube and slice.
10) Add these green peppers into the frying pan.
11) Place mushroom wedges in the feed tube along the sideway.
12) Put firm pressure to slice the mushrooms.
13) Stir the mushrooms into the pan.
14) Dry the work bowl by wiping with a clean and dry cloth.
15) Add chives to the work bowl and use the metal blade to cut into 1-inch lengths. Pulse on/off until finely minced. Alternately, use a sharp knife to cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
16) Add the chives into the frying pan to sautÃ© all together for 5-8 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated.
17) Stir in buckwheat kernels, until well mixed.
18) In a bowl, mix bouillon cubes in water.
19) Add the mixture to pan.
20) Stir in thyme, summer savory, and garlic.
21) Increase heat to bring a boil to the liquid.
22) Reduce heat to low to simmer for 10 minutes, with the lid on.
23) Remove the lid to check whether all water has been absorbed and kernels are soft.
24) Adjust seasoning to your taste.
25) With a fork fluff the mixture.
26) Serve warm with your choice of side dish or green salad.
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1052 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet