|Onion||1 Medium, chopped fine 1 cup|
|Butter/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, wiped clean with a damp cloth and chopped coarse or quartered if small (All Cultivated, Or Any Combination Of Wild And Cultivated)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned reduced sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley/Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a nonstick pan heat butter moderately and cook the onion over low heat for 5 minutes or till onion is soft.
2) Add the mushrooms and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes till the liquid is evaporated.
3) Put thyme, sherry, and chicken broth, and simmer till it is reduced by half.
4) Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
5) Mound a heaped teaspoon of each bruschetta or each of the crostini.
6) Serve immediately.