Salmon Stuffed Mushroom Caps
|Mushrooms||12 Large (About 2 Inches In Diameter)|
|Canned salmon||3 3⁄4 Ounce, drained, flaked, and skin and bones removed (1 Can)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. Wash the mushrooms thoroughly.
2. With paper towels, pat them dry.
3. With a knife, remove the stems of the mushrooms from the caps.
4. Chop enough of the stems finely, till it fills a cup. If you have any extra stems, store them for future use.
5. In a bowl, add 1 cup chopped mushroom stems, the salmon, cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and marjoram.
6. Mix well and keep aside.
7. In a 9-inch pie plate, place the the mushroom caps neatly in a circle, stem side down.
8. Take a sheer plastic wrap used for oven cooking and cover the plate with it.
9. In the microwave, cook the mushrooms on 100 per cent power or High for 3 to 5 minutes, till the mushrooms are almost tender, turning the plate around once in between.
10. Take the pie plate out of the microwave and remove the wrap.
11. Drain the mushroom caps.
12.Take each mushroom cap at a time and fill it with the salmon mixture.
13. Take the pie plate and rearrange the stuffed mushrooms like before.
14. Place the plate back in the microwave. Do not cover.
15.In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 3 to 5 minutes, till is is heated through, turning the plate around once.
16. Serve hot, garnished with parsley sprigs.
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 196.6 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet