Chives & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
|Mushrooms||1 Pound (Fresh)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon (Milk Free)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Wash the mushrooms use a paper towel to par dry.
3) Take off the stems and chop the mushrooms. Set the caps aside.
4) In margarine, sate the chopped mushroom stems and chives for about 1 minute.
5) In a small bowl, put the mixture.
6) Saute the Italian sausage, if being used, in the same pan and drain the fat. Add the cooked sausages to the sautéed mushrooms in the bowl.
7) Add the pepper, salt, eggs and garlic powder to the mushrooms and blend well.
8) Into the mushroom caps, spoon the mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs all over.
9) On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the prepared mushroom caps.
10) Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the breadcrumbs have turned brown.
11) Serve hot.