Zucchini And Mushrooms Gratin
|Zucchini||4 Medium, cut into 1-inch slices|
|Dried dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Herb croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a 4-quart casserole, put together zucchini with water, dill and garlic.
2. Cover casserole.
3. Cook on High for 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms.
5. Cover again.
6. Cook on High for 4 minutes.
7. Let it stand, covered, while making sauce.
8. Discard garlic clove from zucchini.
9. Drain excess water reserving 2 tablespoons liquid.
10. In 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, melt butter or margarine on High for 40 seconds.
11. Stir in flour.
12. Add reserve liquid to flour and butter or margarine mixture; stir.
13. Cook on High for 2 minutes.
14. Fold sour cream into sauce.
15. Add zucchini and mushroom; mix to coat evenly.
16. Cover dish with plastic wrap.
17. Heat for 4 minutes on High.
18. Sprinkle with herb croutons and cheese.
19. Remove plastic wrap.
20. Raise shelf.
21. Brown 4 to 5 minutes.
22. Serve hot.