Wild Mushroom Blinchiki
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Wild mushrooms||8 Ounce (Fresh)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley/Dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Clarified butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sour cream/Creme fraiche||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Into a mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, and salt.
3) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
4) Break the eggs into the well.
5) With a fork, mix the eggs until well combined.
6) To this, add the milk and buttermilk in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until the batter in consistent like a thin cream. Let the crepe batter rest for 30 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, remove the tough stems from the mushrooms (reserve for use later).
8) With a damp paper towel, wipe the caps clean.
9) Cut the mushrooms into 1/8-inch-thick julienne strips.
10) In a saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
11) Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
12) Take off heat.
13) Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper, and parsley. You should have about 1/2 cup mushrooms.
14) Add the seasoned mushrooms to the crepe batter and stir well.
15) Heat a nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat.
16) Brush the pan lightly with a small amount of clarified butter to prevent the crepes from sticking.
17) Into the pan, ladle 1/3 cup batter.
18) Quickly, rotate the pan with a turn of your wrist so that the batter evenly coats the bottom.
19) Cook the crepe for 45 to 60 seconds, until it is set and golden.
20) With a spatula, loosen the crepe and turn it over.
21) Cook until just set, for about 10 seconds longer. Ensure that the underside is paler than the top side.
22) Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Add a bit more butter to the pan if necessary.
23) On a plate, stack the finished crepes and cover until ready to use.
24) To keep warm, place the plate, loosely covered with aluminum foil, over a saucepan of boiling water.
25) To serve hot, fold the crepes in half. Arrange them, slightly overlapping, on an ovenproof platter. Drizzle with melted butter and cover with aluminum foil, and place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Dollop with sour cream and serve immediately.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.3 mg50.1%
Sodium 147.2 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet