Roast Half Breast Off Turkey With Mushrooms
|Turkey breast halves||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Melted butter||5 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry stuffing mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F
2. In a shallow baking pan or casserole dish, place the turkey breast.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan or in the microwave and season with salt, herb and spices.
4. Generously drizzle or brush butter mixture over turkey breast.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Pour wine and scatter mushrooms over the turkey.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 325° F and bake for another 1 hour basting the turkey occasionally with the pan drippings to keep it moist and tender.
8. When the turkey meat is tender, remove and transfer to a heated serving platter.
9. Use a slotted spoon to remove mushrooms and spoon over the turkey. Cover with foil to keep warm.
10. Skim fat from pan drippings and juices.
11. Prepare stuffing mix according to package instructions, using drippings to substitute fat or liquid.
12. Stir remaining butter into the stuffing mixture.
13. Slice the turkey and serve with the stuffing mixture on the side.
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg49.9%
Sodium 543.8 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 45 g90.7%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet