Trout With Mushrooms
|Trout||32 Ounce (4 Fish, Each Weighing 8 Ounces)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Roll the trout over the seasoned flour and shake off the excess.
2. Take a large, heavy skillet and soften the clarified butter in it. Saute trout for about 5 minutes on each side until its skin gets crispy and brown.
3. Wash and trim the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices.
4. Peel and crush the garlic clove.
5. Invert it to the serving dish and place it within the oven to maintain the warmth. During this time place the oven to lowest setting.
6. Add trout juice to the skillet and saute the garlics and mushrooms over it at low heat for about 4 minutes.
7. Add Ricard and Pernod and stir the mixture well. Allow it to bubble rapidly for few minutes.
8. Fold in the cream, stir it continuously until the sauce attains consistency of a thick cream.
9. Add little freshly ground pepper and salt for seasoning and also add little more Pernod if required.
10. Drizzle the sauce over the trout.
11. Serve it at once with crispy green salad or green vegetables and boiled buttered potatoes.