Mushrooms Under Glass
|Mushrooms||1 Pound (Small Or Medium)|
|Soft butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||To Taste (Preferably Imported Rose Paprika)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Remove the mushroom stems and reserve to use later.
3) In a bowl, cream the butter and stir in the parsely, lemon juice, salt and paprika to taste.
4) Spread 1/2 the butter mixture over the toast and place in 4 baking dishes.
5) Spread rest of the butter mixture over the mushroom caps, place them on the toast and top with the cream.
6) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, adding more cream, if required.
7) Drizzle over the sherry and serve immediately.