|For dipping sauce #1|
|Fresh lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Broth||6 Tablespoon (From The Pot)|
|For dipping sauce #2|
|White sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon, roasted and ground|
|Beef sirloin||26 Ounce, sliced paper-thin (1 Pound 10 Ounces Or 750 Gram)|
|Firm tofu||10 Ounce, sliced into thin pieces (Use 1 Block Of About 300 Gram)|
|Green onions/2 japanese naga-negi, long onion, if available||8 , sliced into 2-inch pieces|
|Chinese cabbage leaves||4 Large, sliced into 2-inch pieces|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, washed and cut into half (1 Bunch)|
|Dashi broth/Beef / chicken consomme / water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cooked soft udon noodles/4-5 cups steamed rice||1 Pound, precooked|
1) Arrange the sliced meat, tofu, and vegetables on a large platter attactively and place on the dining table.
2) Prepare the dipping sauces and transfer into individual serving bowls and place on the dining table.
3) Place an electric skillet or hot pot on the serving table, pour the dashi broth into the pot and allow to boil.
FINALIZING 4) A slice of the meat , tofu or vegetable from the platter is to be dipped into the hot broth in the pot for a while, then into the dipping sauces with the chopsticks.
5) Add the vegetables and tofu, gradually and simmer in the broth until cooked, replenish the broth as required
6) The broth may be served as a clear soup; alternately, some precooked udon noodles or rice may be simmered in the broth for 2-3 min to round off the meal.
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.3 mg24.8%
Sodium 1292.6 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 45 g90.8%
Vitamin A 107.7% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet