|Small mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Salt||2 Ounce (Preferably Block Salt)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Pint|
|Black peppercorns||6 , crushed|
|Sliced ginger/Small piece dry root ginger||1⁄4 Inch|
1) Cut mushrooms that are larger than 1 inch into four pieces, keeping smaller ones as such.
2) In a shallow preserving pan, arrange one layer of mushrooms and then a liberal sprinkling of salt.
3) Repeat the layers till the mushrooms are used up.
4) Cook, covered over very low heat, until mushrooms are soft, tossing occasionally.
5) Into well washed jars, pack mushrooms with some of the cooking liquor and stir in peppercorns and ginger.
6) Mix vinegar with water.
7) Make the jars full with this vinegar mixture and tightly wrap the top with circle of rubber band and polythene.
8) Before using, place the pickle in a cold place, undisturbed for 14 days.
9) Use as an appetizer, with crisp bread or toast.
Calories 25 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.26 g0.4%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3669.7 mg152.9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet