Grilled Figs, Chanterelle And Prosciutto On Arugula
|Chanterelle mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Black mission figs||10 (Fresh Ones)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fruity olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Thinly sliced prosciutto||4 Ounce|
|Packed arugula leaves||2 Quart|
|Edible flower||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Such As Nasturtium, Borage And Calendula Petals Mixed)|
1. Clean the mushrooms by brushing away grit with a vegetable or pastry brush, and wipe them with a kitchen towel. Use a knife to cut away embedded grit.
2. Cut the mushrooms into large pieces and set aside.
3. Halve the figs from stem to tail and set aside
4. In a small bowl use a wire whisk to blend the vinegar and oil.
5. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
6. Reserve 6 tablespoons of the dressing in a small bowl.
7. Add the fig halves and chanterelles to the remaining dressing and toss well.
8. Set the bowl aside and marinating for about 30 minutes. Toss the bowl occasionally to keep the figs and mushrooms coated with the marinade.
9. Slice the prosciutto into 1x 3 inch slices.
10. Finely slice the leftover prosciutto and set aside.
11. Wrap the marinated figs in the prosciutto strips.
12. Thread the prosciutto-wrapped figs on seasoned bamboo skewers alternately with the chanterelles.
13. Combine the leftover marinade with the reserved dressing.
14. Grill the skewers over a gas or charcoal grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and remove on a platter.
15. In a salad bowl, toss the arugula in the reserved dressing.
16. Divide the tossed arugula among 4 salad plates.
17. Carefully slide the figs and mushrooms from the skewers and arrange over the arugula.
18. Scatter the reserved prosciutto strips
19. Garnish the salad with edible flowers if you like.