Easy Broiled Mushrooms
|Mushrooms||1 Medium, wiped clean and stemmed|
|Melted butter/Margarine / cooking oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the mushrooms.
2. Drizzle melted butter or oil over them and toss to coat well.
3. Cover the bowl with a kitchen napkin and set aside for 30 minutes, tossing the bowl occasionally to keep mushrooms coated.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Arrange mushrooms, stem side down in a baking dish or on a broiler rack.
6. Brush lightly with butter or oil left in the bowl
7. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes until golden
8. Turn caps, baste with butter or oil, and broil 3 minutes longer until fork tender.
9. Season them with salt and pepper.
10. Serve in a bowl or dish or serve along with main dish on the plate.
11. You can use the mushrooms to make a warm salad or slice and use for garnish.