1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), trimmed (or use frozen and skip the blanching step)
2 Tablespoon, divided
2 , thinly sliced
Chicken stock/Vegetable stock
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
8 Ounce, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
Greek yogurt/Soy yogurt
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1. In a sauce pan bring water to boil add in the, blanch fresh beans for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a non-stick skillet add in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add in the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove shallots to small bowl. In a bowl whisk together stock and corn-starch.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over high heat; add in the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, for 6 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low, add in the shallots; then whisk in stock mixture. Cook until thick, for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, salt, and pepper. Add in the beans and toss.
7. Serve Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole with garlic bread and enjoy!
Beans in whatever form are healthy besides being colorful to give an appeal to the preparation. Catch up with this interesting recipe to make Green Bean Casserole using fresh green beans and mushrooms along with other vegetables and seasonings.