Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), trimmed (or use frozen and skip the blanching step)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shallot||2 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cremini mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced about 1/8 inch thick|
|Greek yogurt/Soy yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a sauce pan bring water to boil add in the, blanch fresh beans for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a non-stick skillet add in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add in the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove shallots to small bowl. In a bowl whisk together stock and corn-starch.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over high heat; add in the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, for 6 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low, add in the shallots; then whisk in stock mixture. Cook until thick, for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, salt, and pepper. Add in the beans and toss.
7. Serve Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole with garlic bread and enjoy!
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg0.5%
Sodium 171.3 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet