MUSHROOM AND TOMATO BAKE
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet basil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice onions and mushrooms; divide the onion into two parts.
3. In a skillet, fry one half portion of onions and mushrooms in butter; cover and let fry for 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a greased casserole, place the fried onion and mushroom mixture.
6. Season freshly sliced tomatoes with sugar and other seasonings.
7. Place seasoned tomatoes on top of mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped basil.
8. Cover top with remaining chopped onion and pour hot milk on top.
9. Season top and cover with a thick layer of breadcrumbs.
10. Dot top with butter and bake on preheated oven for 30 minutes.
11. Serve mushroom and tomato bake with a crunchy salad on the side.
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg3.6%
Sodium 203 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 51.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet