Sharon's Stuffed Rabbit With Wild Mushrooms
|Rabbit saddles||700 Gram, deboned|
|Dry cider||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter, We Used Henney'S Frame Valley Dry Cider)|
|Chicken stock||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Light olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Quick cooking polenta mix||1 Ounce (25 Gram, Merchant Gourmet)|
|Prosciutto di san daniele slice||6|
|Truffle oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Wild mushrooms||2 Ounce (50 Gram, Fresh)|
|Mixed greens||6 Ounce (175 Gram, Baby Leaves-Red Chard, Sorrel, Spinach And Wild Garlic, But Not Rocket)|
|Honeydew melon||1⁄4 , deseeded, and thinly sliced (Best With A Mandolin)|
1) Add pepper and season the rabbit saddles. Keep the meat between 2 sheets of cling film and pound to flatten. Keep it aside.
2) Ina deep pan, boil the cider and stock and reduce it almost to a third. Remove the pan from the heat and add in 1 tsp olive oil. Give it a stir.
3) Now add in the polenta flour into the pan in a slow, steady stream, stirring continuously. Return the pan to heat and stir till it thickens and then season to taste.
4) Remove the cling film from the saddles and add in the polenta to the their centers. Scroll them up to close.
5) On a sheet of cling film, line 3 prosciutto slices . Keep the rabbit meat at one end and carefully roll them up so that the meat is enclosed by the ham. Firmly secure it with a cocktail stick and brush a little truffle oil on top. Repeat the same process with the second saddle.
6) After heating the grill to medium, cook the saddles for about 15 minutes on it. Turn at regular intervals to cook evenly and to turn the ham crispy. Remove and keep it warm.
7) Slice the mushrooms so that they're all of similar size. Leave the small ones as they are. In a pan, Stir fry them lightly in oil. Remove from heat and then drain the excess oil on kitchen paper.
8) Put in the salad leaves to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds only. Remove leaves from the pan, and mix with the mushrooms and melon. Season to taste.
9) Slice the grilled saddles.
10) Arrange the salad on plates and place the rabbit slices on top. Pour the juices from the grill over the plate. Give a drizzle of truffle oil on top. Serve warm.