Mushroom Filled Tomatoes
|Ripe tomatoes||12 Large|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||500 Gram|
|Melted butter||5 Tablespoon|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Drop|
|Dry breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. Wash and dry the tomatoes.
4. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes
5. Using a dessert spoon, scoop out the pulp and discard or reserve for making soup.
6. Lightly season the inside of the tomato shells with salt. .
7. Invert the tomatoes on a wire rack to drain.
8. Finely chop the mushroom stems and finely slice and keep in a bowl until later.
9. To make the filling, in a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of butter with oil over a medium flame.
10. When hot, add chopped mushroom stems and sauté for 2 minutes.
11. Then add the sliced mushrooms, basil, and salt and pepper.
12. Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes until all the moisture has evaporated.
13. Further, stir in the flour and stir to mix well.
14. Gradually pour in the cream, stirring continuously until well blended.
15. Reduce the flame and simmer the sauce for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
16. Put off heat and stir in the Tabasco sauce.
17. Arrange the tomatoes on the prepared baking tray.
18. Using a dessert spoon, fill the tomatoes with the mushroom sauce.
19. Cover with breadcrumbs and drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
20. Place under the grill for 5 minutes to gratinate until the breadcrumbs are browned.
21. Serve the tomatoes straight out of the grill.