Wild Mushroom And Fontina Tartlets
|Dried wild mushrooms||1 Ounce (25 Gram / 1/2 Cup)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Medium dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Single light cream||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter / 1/2 Cup)|
|Fontina cheese||1 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 Ounce)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Arugula For Serving)|
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram / 1/4 Cup, Whole Wheat)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, diced (50 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, roasted and ground (25 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. To make the wholemeal pastry, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, and tip the bran back in. Rub or cut in the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the ground walnuts. Add the egg and mix to form a soft dough. Wrap the pastry in clear film (plastic wrap). Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, soak the dried wild mushrooms in 300ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve and reserve the liquid. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the soaked mushrooms to the pan and cook for 7 minutes over a high heat. Add the sherry and the reserved liquid. Cook until the liquid evaporates. Season and set aside in a bowl to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Grease four 10cm/4in tartlet tins (mini quiche pans). Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use to line the tins.
5. Prick the pastry bases all over with a fork, line with foil and baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans.
6. Lightly whisk the egg and cream, add to the mushrooms, then season to taste. Spoon into the pastry cases, top with the cheese slices and bake for about 20 minutes until the filling is set. Serve warm, with the rocket leaves.