Green Beans And Shiitake Mushrooms
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||1 Ounce (10 To 12 Pieces)|
|Chopped cilantro/Fresh basil leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound, ends trimmed|
|Green onions||2 , cut diagonally into thin slices|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes or until caps are soft. Drain mushrooms; squeeze out excess water. Remove and discard stems. Slice caps into thin strips.
2. Break off and discard stems from basil. Rinse leaves; pat dry with paper towels. Layer some of leaves on cutting board with largest leaf on bottom, then roll up jelly-roll fashion. Slice roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices; separate into strips. Repeat with remaining basil.
3. Combine 1/4 cup water, oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic and pepper flakes in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Heat wok or medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat surface. Add mushrooms, beans and 1/2 cup water; cook and stir until water boils. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and coats beans. (If cooking water has evaporated, add enough water to form thick sauce.)
6. Stir in green onions, basil and peanuts, if desired; mix well. Transfer to serving platter. Garnish as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.9%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1606.3 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet