No need to boil, poach or scramble just bake eggs in the oven on a tasty mushroom saute. If you don't have ramekins try using gratin dishes, oven €“proof soup, dessert or cereal dishes, coffee mugs or custard cups.
White button mushrooms
8 Ounce, sliced
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced
1 Tablespoon, minced (optional)
Dried thyme/Tarragon or basil
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 ºF (180ºC).
2. Prepare 4 ramekins by spraying some oil to them to avoid the egg from sticking.
3. In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Saute mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and moisture is released.
5. Add red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper and the herb, saute for 1 minute.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly into 4 lightly greased (6 oz/ 90 mL) ramekins.
7. Crack one egg into each ramekin and sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
8. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Baked eggs are done when whites are set and puffy but yolks are just starting to set.
9. Serve with toast to dip in the soft yolk or with a simple salad.
You can use chopped ham in this dish. You can substitute the pepper with chilli sauce.