Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms
|Stuffing mushrooms||16 Large|
|Chopped raw spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Packed)|
|Dried thyme/Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Grated nonfat parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non-fat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White wine/Broth||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (Garnish)|
1. Remove and discard the mushroom stems. Wash the mushroom caps and pat dry. Set aside.
2. Place the spinach, thyme or oregano, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet. Saute over medium heat just until the spinach is wilted. (Add a tablespoon of white wine or broth if the skillet is too dry.)
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the spinach to cool slightly. Stir in the scallions, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream. Add the bread crumbs and toss gently, just until the crumbs are moistened.
4. Place a heaping teaspoonful of stuffing in each mushroom cap. Place 2 tablespoons of white wine or broth in a shallow baking pan, and arrange the mushrooms in the pan.
5. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.