Stir Fried Fresh Squid With Mushrooms
|Dried mushrooms||4 (Colored Black)|
|Fresh squid||1 Pound|
|Spanish onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Clean squid and cut in 2-inch pieces. Slice onion and soaked mushrooms.
3. Mince ginger root; then combine in a cup with soy sauce and sherry. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add squid and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add ginger-soy mixture; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove squid from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add sliced onion and mushrooms; stir-fry until onion is translucent. Then return squid.
7. Add stock and salt and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 838 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1058.1 mg352.7%
Sodium 2401 mg100%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 77 g155%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 56.7%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet