Stir Fried Fresh Squid With Mushrooms
|Dried mushrooms||4 (Colored Black)|
|Fresh squid||1 Pound|
|Spanish onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Clean squid and cut in 2-inch pieces. Slice onion and soaked mushrooms.
3. Mince ginger root; then combine in a cup with soy sauce and sherry. In another cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add squid and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add ginger-soy mixture; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove squid from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add sliced onion and mushrooms; stir-fry until onion is translucent. Then return squid.
7. Add stock and salt and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.