Tongue With Mushrooms And Olives
|Beef tongue||2 Pound, boiled|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Whole black peppercorns||10|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||6 , sliced|
1. Wash tongue and dry with paper towels.
2. Place tongue in a large pot with 3 quarts of water and next 5 ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 hours till tender. Drain and put tongue in cold water.
4. Remove skin: Slit skin on underside from end to end with a sharp knife. Peel off skin and remove and discard root.
5. Slice tongue thinly and serve with mushrooms and olives.