Tongue With Mushrooms And Olives
|Beef tongue||2 Pound, boiled|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Whole black peppercorns||10|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||6 , sliced|
1. Wash tongue and dry with paper towels.
2. Place tongue in a large pot with 3 quarts of water and next 5 ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 hours till tender. Drain and put tongue in cold water.
4. Remove skin: Slit skin on underside from end to end with a sharp knife. Peel off skin and remove and discard root.
5. Slice tongue thinly and serve with mushrooms and olives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2649 Calories from Fat 1972
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g335.6%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2024.7 mg84.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 135 g270.9%
Vitamin A 37.1% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 16% Iron 157.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet