Oatmeal Muffin is had as a breakfast dish by most people. They are highly nutritious and equally delicious. Oatmeal muffin can also be had as a late morning snack
or as a snack during evening tea. Oatmeal muffin can be made through varied recipes incorporating more ingredients such as carrots, nuts, fruits, orange, etc. Oatmeal muffins are the best when made fresh and served. Oatmeal muffins are great energy boosters and filling preparations during winter. Popular Oatmeal Muffin recipes include Carrot Oatmeal Muffins, Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins, Oatmeal Muffins with Raisins, Dates, and Walnuts, Cinnamon Topped Oatmeal Muffins and Apple Oatmeal Muffins.
Ingredients Used For Making Oatmeal Muffin
Oatmeal Muffin recipes make use of flour essentially as a binding agent. The reason for this is that flour can successfully hold the coarse granules of oatmeal in place while the muffin is getting done. Also oatmeal muffin is preserved of the texture of oatmeal intact. Nuts, fruits, flavourings, toppings, etc can all be incorporated to make oatmeal muffins.The basic oatmeal cookie recipe consists of the following ingredients - milk, white wheat flour, oats cereal, baking powder, egg, shortening, salt and sugar. The recipe may vary according to preferences.
Tips For Making Good Oatmeal Muffin
· Oatmeal Muffin recipes can be made in a vegan version or in a gluten free version.
· In any case the ingredients must be mixed in room temperature.
· The ingredients used must be as fresh as possible.
· The batter must be mixed well so that the oatmeal is well in place along with the other ingredients.
· Oatmeal muffins must be baked in a preheated oven between 350-425 degrees (depending on the recipe) for about 10-15 minutes. Over-baking spoils the muffins.
· It is better to remove the muffins after letting it to cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes.
· Oatmeal muffins can be prepared fresh or with a pre-prepared batter that has been refrigerated the previous night.
Popular Oatmeal Muffin Recipes
· Carrot Oatmeal Muffins is a scrumptious preparation among Oatmeal Muffin recipes. It is soft and smooth textured made of oatmeal, flour, carrots, nuts and seasonings.
· Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins is a power packed recipe providing nutrition and energy especially during times of fall and winter.
· Oatmeal Muffins with Raisins, Dates, and Walnuts is one of the classic oatmeal muffin recipes using nuts, dates and raisins besides oatmeal and flour.
· Cinnamon Topped Oatmeal Muffins is a traditional recipe to make an oatmeal muffin richly flavoured with cinnamon.
· Apple Oatmeal Muffins is made from among the Oatmeal Muffin recipes that result in moist muffins due to the incorporation of shredded apples.
Serving and Eating Oatmeal Muffin
Oatmeal muffins are best to be had alongside hot beverages such as coffee and tea. They go the best with cappuccino. They are great quick snacks.
Health and Nutrition Facts of Oatmeal Muffin
Typically there are 157 calories in 1 small Oatmeal Muffin. Oatmeal muffin is rich in dietary fibre coming from the oats. The other common nutritional aspects include carbohydrates, fat and protein. The nutrition values can vary with the recipes.
Oatmeal Muffin Trivia
December 19th is celebrated as National Oatmeal Muffin day across the United States.