|Banana||4 Large, mashed|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Banana||1 Large, sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixing bowl, add and combine together the bananas with light brown sugar, canola oil and egg. Mix until well combined.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract and blend until just combined.
5. Take a 12 cup muffin tray lined with paper liner and spoon the batter into each cup. Place a slice of banana over each muffin batter.
6. Bake this in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Once done, remove and let the muffins cool before serving.
8. Serve these banana muffins with warm milk or tea.
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 161.9 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet