Spiced Pumpkin Muffins Recipe - Thanksgiving Ideas
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (either canned/ fresh)|
|Plain yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (if too thick whisk with some plain milk)|
To Make Fresh Pumpkin Puree (optional Step)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the pumpkin into half and scoop out the seeds. Spread a little oil and place it cut side down the prepared baking sheet. Bake for around 60 minutes or till it is soft and cooked.
4. Scoop out the soft flesh from the pumpkin and use it or mash or blend it till smooth.
For the Muffin
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
7. In a bowl mix whole wheat flour, rolled oats, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom powder till combined.
8. In another bowl add the eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin puree and plain yogurt. Whisk well till combined and pour it into the dry flour mixture. Fold in gently just until combined.
9. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin pan to fill 3/4th of each groove. Bake in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
10. In a serving plate, serve the muffins as snacks with milk or teas or any beverage of choice.
If using canned pumpkin puree, then omit steps 1-4 (under To make fresh Pumpkin Puree)
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.9 mg11%
Sodium 206.3 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 96.4% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet