Gluten- Free Cinnamon Roll Muffins & Fresh Juice
|For the fresh juice|
|Carrots||2 Medium (Pulp left used for muffins)|
|Apples||2 Medium, quartered (Pulp left used for muffins)|
|Oranges||2 Medium (Pulp left used for muffins)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small (1-inch piece used)|
|For the muffins|
|Gluten free flour mixture||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flax seed meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Gluten free oats used)|
|Organic cane sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (as required)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Softened butter||4 Tablespoon (Organic pasture butter used)|
|Organic brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
1. For the fresh juice, first pop the oranges and the 1-inch piece of ginger into the juicer at low, alternating the oranges and the ginger piece to make sure all of the ginger has been sqeezed through the juicer.
2. Turn the juicer to high and pop in the carrots and apples alternatively.
3. Give the freshly prepared juice a stir and refrigerate.
4. Take two bowls, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients. Scoop out the pulp of the fruits we use to prepare the juice from the juicer, discarding off the chunky pieces like shavings of the apple and so on. Put this pulp into one of the bowls and set aside.
5. Into the other bowl add the gluten free flour, oats, flax seed meal, xanthan gum, organic cane sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Using a spoon mix all these dry ingredients well.
6. Take the other bowl with the wet ingredients (the pulp from the fruits) and beat in 2 medium eggs. Whisk well.
7. Add canola oil or olive oil and coconut milk to the wet ingredients and combine well.
8. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. If the sticky batter is slightly dry add more coconut milk. Mix until well incorporated.
9. Take a muffin pan and fill the cups with the batter. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. To make the topping, take a pan with the organic pasture butter on low heat. To the melting butter add the organic brown sugar, vanilla, a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Stir it well and turn off the heat.
11. Once the muffins are ready and cooled on a cooling rack, spoon a little of the prepared topping and spread it on top of each of the muffins.
12. Serve the gluten-free cinnamon roll muffins with the prepared organic topping along with the freshly prepared beverage with fresh fruits.
If you d not have a juicer, you can grate the fruits and vegetables, but make sure the oranges are nicely chopped so that they are well incorporated into the batter.
2. A cooling rack - for cooling the baked muffins
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.5 mg27.8%
Sodium 624.6 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.6%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 77.7% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet