Homemade Apple Muffins
|Baking apples||3 Large|
|Fruit fresh/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Crisco)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Peel, cut, core and grate the apples.
3. In another bowl, place together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder, set aside.
4. In a bowl, place the grated apple and sprinkle fruit fresh on top to prevent it from going brown.
5. In another bowl, put together oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Using the hand blender or mixer, beat the egg mixture until well mixed.
6. While whisking the egg mixture, add the flour mixture in batches little at a time until all the flour mixture is incorporated.
7. Add the batter to the apple and mix well.
8. In a greased muffin tray, pour the muffin mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
10. Allow to cool slightly, remove from tray and allow to cool completely.
11. Serve as desired.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg15.5%
Sodium 255.5 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet