There is nothing better than homemade Apple Muffins for breakfast. Kat Curlee shows us how to make her grandmother's amazingly moist homemade Apple Muffins.
Fruit fresh/Lemon juice
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Crisco)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Peel, cut, core and grate the apples.
3. In another bowl, place together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder, set aside.
4. In a bowl, place the grated apple and sprinkle fruit fresh on top to prevent it from going brown.
5. In another bowl, put together oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Using the hand blender or mixer, beat the egg mixture until well mixed.
6. While whisking the egg mixture, add the flour mixture in batches little at a time until all the flour mixture is incorporated.
7. Add the batter to the apple and mix well.
8. In a greased muffin tray, pour the muffin mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
10. Allow to cool slightly, remove from tray and allow to cool completely.